Safety Shoes/Safety Glasses
Safety shoes and safety glasses are covered under the Personal Protective Equipment for General Industry Guideline, which may be found here.
- How to obtain safety shoes – Covers employee eligibility and procedures for obtaining footwear
- Red Wing Dealer Locations – Safety shoe retailer locations and contact information
- How to obtain prescription safety glasses - Covers employee eligibility and procedures for obtaining safety glasses. Also includes the type of prescription safety glasses offered.
- To obtain non-prescription safety glasses navigate to M-marketsite through Wolverine Access on U-M home page. A general search for "safety glasses" will generate several options for selection.
- Permanent Side Shields – Addresses the University, State and Federal requirement that all safety glasses have permanent side shields.
- Safety Fits (safety glasses trial)
- SVS Vision Optical Center Locations
- New Online Voucher Request Form – To request safety shoes and/or glasses. Must be completed by the supervisor. NOTE: UMHS employees should contact Safety Management Services (SMS) at 764-4427 to request safety shoes and/or glasses.
- Training Info – PPE training for general industry. Includes a section on safety shoes and glasses.
- U-M Standard Practice Guide 201.45 - Protective Clothing and Equipment