The Occupational Safety & Environmental Health (OSEH) department promotes health, safety and environmental compliance within the University of Michigan campus community. At the University of Michigan, protection of the environment and safety on the job is everyone’s responsibility. OSEH provides leadership at all levels of the University to maintain a healthy workplace and to protect the environment.
- OSEH Staff
- Organizational Chart
- OSEH Orientation Video
- Mission and Vision of the Department
- Values of the Department
- U-M EHS Standard Practice Guides (SPG)
- [SPG 605.1] Occupational Safety and Environmental Policy provides the basis for the operation of OSEH and directly lays out the responsibility of the campus community.
- [SPG 605.02] Occupational Safety and Environmental Health Procedure provides the basis for the day-to-day operations of the OSEH department.
- [SPG 303.3] Research Policy Statement on the Integrity of Scholarship and Procedures for Investigating Allegations of Misconduct in the Pursuit of Scholarship and Research directly establishes the link between research integrity and the need to meet all regulations of federal, state, local, and University agencies.
- [SPG 601.24] Delegation of Authority to Bind the University to External Agreements on Business and Financial Matters. The OSEH Department has been delegated the authority for signing documents related to inquiries on operations or federal, state, and local compliance matters concerning: occupational and community health and safety, environmental activities, public health issues, and use of radioactive materials or equipment capable of producing radiation. This also includes commitments to EHS programs for governmental or corporate research grants.