The Environmental Protection Agency requires facilities to manage refrigerants properly to help protect the environment.
The purpose of the University of Michigan’s Refrigerant Management Program (RMP) is to:
- Maximize the recycling of ozone depleting substances (ODS) and to minimize the release of ODS to the ambient air from the servicing, repairing, maintaining, and disposing of refrigeration appliances on campus;
- Utilize certified technicians for the servicing, repairing, maintaining, and disposing of refrigeration appliances on UM campus;
- Maintain proper records of refrigerant consumption, technician training, and recycling and recovery equipment certification;
- Ensure proper repairs are made for units with significant leak rates; and
- To ensure University of Michigan is in full compliance with Section 608 of the Clean Air Act Amendments and the requirements of 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F.
To achieve the objectives stated above, UM requires all employees and contractors whose job duties require the handling, ordering, repairing, servicing, maintaining, or disposing of refrigerant or refrigeration appliances to assist by ensuring the proper paperwork is being completed when work is being performed.
- Change - Add - Delete Equipment Request Form
- UM HVAC RCM Contractor Input Form
- UM HVAC Refrigerant Equipment Input Form 1A
- RCMS Service Order Form 2C
- Contractor Refrigerant Acquisition and Disposal Form 2C
For additional details, please visit the UM Plant Mechanical Systems/ Air Conditioning Department at: http://www.plantops.umich.edu/maintenance/central/Mechanical/DEAC_Refrigeration/