Underground Storage TanksPlan Review and Certification
The following UST condition must be plan reviewed and certified by DEQ:
- Any UST system that stores a hazardous substance.
- A Notice of Proposed Installation of Underground Storage Tank Registration form located at http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/bfs3820_407155_7.pdf and the requested additional information according to the form must be submitted 45 days prior to installing the UST system.
- The DEQ shall be notified not less than 7 days before installation of the UST and inspect the UST system.
- DEQ shall be notified of underground piping installation for inspection.
- DEQ shall be notified of final UST installation to perform a final inspection.
- At time of final inspection, Facilities must submit a Tank Registration form located at http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/bfs3820_407155_7.pdf and a $100 registration fee.
- UST systems require an annual $100 registration fee.
Please note all MDEQ communication and submittals go through the OSEH department. Contact OSEH at 936-1920 for more information.