The LLRW Manifest is designed to provide for simple and accurate identification of the type, quantity, possible chemical components, and radioactivity level of waste being handled.
Each generator of LLRW is require to:
- Properly label each container of waste to be picked up by HMM using the Container Labels provided;
- Completely fill out the LLRW Manifest for each designated pick-up of LLRW;
- Call HMM for collection of LLRW, indicating quantity and location of waste;
- Store waste in a safe, accessible, and easily identifiable location for OSEH personnel to inspect for completeness and transport.
Proper Completion of the LLRW Manifest
Every container of waste called in to HMM for collection must be recorded on the LLRW Manifest.
NOTE: If there is not enough room on the form for all waste container that are be to collected, use an additional Manifest form and be sure to record the correct Manifest number (R-______) on the Container Label corresponding to that container listed on the Manifest. Once the waste containers are full and/or ready to be collected by HMM, use the following instructions to complete the LLRW Manifest:
Solids (Section A)
- Record the Drum Number for each yellow fiber drum of waste (e.g. SD-5364 for small drums, or LD-5125 for large drums) which is found on the side of the yellow fiber drums.
- Volume: Large drums = 28 gallons; Small drums = 7.5 gallons. Please circle applicable volume.
- Record the Isotope(s) and corresponding Activity(s) (µCi) of the waste within each individual fiber drum.
Liquids (Section B)
- Volume: OSEH approved liquid containers are either 4L or 20L in volume. Please indicate, to the nearest liter, the volume of liquid within each individual container.
- Record the Isotope(s) and corresponding Activity(s) (µCi) of the liquid waste within each individual container. For radioactive liquids containing chemicals or a mixture of water and a chemical (e.g. acids, bases, ethanol, methanol, chloroform, formaldehyde, acetonitrile, phenol, etc.; no matter how dilute) - See reverse side of LLRW Manifest.
- If the chemical present in the jug is listed on the back of the LLRW manifest please enter the corresponding number code and indicate the approximate chemical concentration in % within the spaces provided on the front of the manifest.
- If the chemical present in the jug is not listed on the back of the LLRW Manifest please enter the number code 99 and the chemical concentration in % within the spaces provided on the front of the manifest, and list the chemical name within the space provided on the back of the manifest. List in same order as listed on front.
Scintillation Vials (Section C)
- Record the Isotope(s) and corresponding Activity(s) (µCi) for each individual box.
- Circle P if vials are Plastic or circle G if the vials are Glass.
- Identify the type of LSC fluid (cocktail) that is in the vials.
Sharps / Stock Vials (Section D)
- Record the Isotope(s) and corresponding Activity(s) for each container.
- Check the appropriate column to indicate Sharps or Stock Vials.
- Authorized User - The name of the individual who has been authorized by OSEH to use the radioactive material.
- Phone - The telephone number of the laboratory in which the waste is located.
- Room Number / Building - Place where the waste is located.
- Date - The date that the material is called in for collection. (month / day / year)
- Completed By - The name of the individual that was responsible for filling out the LLRW Manifest. Please PRINT.
- Signature - Your signature indicates that testing for external container contamination has been completed as required and that contamination has been removed to safe levels.
LLRW Manifest Bottom